Sunday, January 17, 2010

Tell Your Children The Truth











~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So! After about a month and 4 incomplete/un-published posts later.. I've finally been hit. With the inspiration. The inspiration I seek to actually commit to one of these posts! It'd been missing for a while.. What with a month long Christmas break, stress of college, and other such pleasures, I've finally come to a revelation. So. Alas, we begin.
~
I am a dreamer.
I dream of being something great.
I imagine, I wish..
Mostly, I like to imagine I'm super sometimes..
Like, I'm a hero..
You see.. I live my life in fantasy.
I play games, watch shows, all these things that revolve around...
~
Heroes.
~
Final Fantasy,
Dragon Ball Z,
Batman,
Superman,
Outlaw Star,
Lots lots more.
~~~~~~~~~
And, I like to combine these, in my mnid, and become something greater than I could ever possibly become. And, I grow sad and weary at times because I know that I will never reach my dreams... My dreams are beyond the stars.. Beyond the far reaches of space and imagination...
~~~~~~~~
Well...
Most of them.
~~~~~~
I also dream of Love.
~~~~~~~
With most of the heroes I watch, there is ALWAYS, at least 99.9% of the time, Love. Complete. Undying. Far surpassing the abilities held by the heroes themselves. And that is where I find myself dreaming most vividly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know I'll never fly through the skies.
I'll never be strong enough to right the wrongs in the world.
I'll never possess supernatural, superhuman, any kind of super abilities.
~~
Except One.
I love like there's no tomorrow. I put my whole entire heart into love. That's one thing I can be proud of. The dream I'm sure of. The dream I know I've already reached.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As Shelbi is gone.. Enjoying her time at disney world [: And I lay back watching Superman Returns.. I was suddenly struck with my realizations... I became sullen about never being able to have powers such as his.. But, then I realized.. Most of these heroes experience tragic romance. But I;ve surpassed evn the heroes of legend and lore and fantasy. I have a stupendous love!!! And I'm so thasnkful for it [: I'm exuberant about having my dearest Shelbi. Many a time I thought I'd found what I'd been searching for... I was experiencing tragic romances that of what the heroes had. But, the dreams weren't to settle for that of heroes. What I've found now is a true, real dream. Except my dream is reality.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In all honesty, I've put an immeasurable amount of thought into marriage. Yes, I know. That's a huge deal. Tremendous, in fact. But, even though Shelbi and I have only dated 6 months, I've realized countless times that Shelbi is infalliable. At least, in respect, to our relationship. We simply coincide so well together [: I've never had a relationship as lasting as this one.. She's officially my longest relationship.. [: As well as my most stable relationship.. Right from the beginning.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She had me at. "Hello.."
Or rather, "I like your shoes.."
^-^
And thus, I know, Shelbi is the girl I wish to be with for all eternity, although I've come to relaize eternity itself shall never be mine to roam [:

1 comment: